Saturday 8 September 2007

What if you lived in a place of persecution without your own Bible?

DAY 17

It’s estimated that over 200 million persecuted Christians who don’t have a Bible of there own. In a region in Northeast Asia, as you would have read today, there is only one Bible to every three Christians. ( Click here to read more about this region. )

How would you feel if you didn’t have immediate access to a Bible? Imagine not being able to read God’s precious Word in times of discouragement and hardship?

I know that when I am experiencing difficulties or when I feel disheartened, I turn to God’s Word for encouragement and guidance. By memorising and reciting Bible verses throughout the day I feel a great sense of strength from God. The promises in His Word sustain me.

The Psalmist writes, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” (Psalm 119:105, NIV)

How true this is.

How would you cope if you were suffering persecution everyday but could not read God’s Word?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess that's why we need to memorize Bible verses more and let God's word be the source of our strength.

If I faced this situation, I would pray to God daily and ask the Holy Spirit to help me.