Saturday 1 September 2007

What if your Muslim school friends ask you about Jesus—do you tell?

DAY 9

School yard bullying is a worry for many kids. But imagine what it would be like to attend a school as one of the only Christians. There are countless young people, even in Australia, who struggle as Christians in the secular school system.


After reading the story today in the ‘A Light in the Dark’ 21-Day devotional booklet I tried to imagine what it would be like to have gone to a school where there was a possibility of being physically attacked or killed because of my Christian faith.


Would have I spoken out at school? Would I now?


I hope that if a similar opportunity presents itself that I would. Considering the question, if these two Muslims were my friends who were asking me about Jesus then I would want to ensure that my friends could join me in the salvation offered through Jesus.


Jesus says, “For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the Gospel will save it.” (Mark 8:35, NIV)

What a challenge for us!

Would you still witness to Jesus if your life might be at risk?


No comments: